CFP Conference 2001 Rescheduled for April 25th-27th, 2002
This was the website promoting the CFP Conference originally scheduled for September 2001, but rescheduled for April 2002.
About the Forest Leadership Forum
The Forest Leadership Forum will convene environmentalists, the forest products industry and retailers and buyers from around the world to highlight shared values and opportunities to promote trade in responsible forest products.
Exploring contemporary issues such as illegal logging, forests of high conservation value, responsible consumption, and certification of well-managed forests, the Forum will openly address the key challenges and opportunities facing businesses, environmentalists and the forest products industry in the 21st century.
With a program including conference symposia, practical training opportunities and a Resource Pavilion of responsible forest products and information, the Forum will provide opportunities to learn about and engage the power of the marketplace to promote improved forest management.
Who Will Attend:
- Buyers, specifiers and procurement officers
- Land owners, manufacturers, distributors and retailers
- Architects, designers, builders and suppliers
- North American certification programs and certifiers
- NGOs and organizations with an interest in forestry and forest products
- Academics, policymakers and foundations
- Federal, state and local governments
- Learn about the major issues shaping the forest products industry and forest ecosystems in the 21st century
- Develop expertise and tools to help organizations promote trade in responsible forest products.
- Network with market leaders in the Resource Pavilion to enable businesses to extend their reach and fulfill purchasing commitments
- Promote responsible forest products to willing buyers looking for new sources and business connections
- Contribute to the development of solutions for some of the complex challenges facing the world’s forests.
Comments from an attendee:
Ultimately the conference was a big success for our company. It opened my eyes to new ideas, products, and affiliations. I noticed that this event drew a much more diverse audience. I met a New Orleans maritime lawyer who was attending with his waterfront developer client. Amazingly different perspective on virtually the same primary interest in conserving forest adjacent businesses. By chance I was headed to New Orleans shortly after this conference. My new acquaintance lives in NO and serves a local maritime legal shop - he showed me their very informative website which has some functionality I'd like to add to our site. As far as the conference-- this first gathering of international business leaders, sustainability experts, and individuals from the certified forest products industry in North America was impressive. Since the conference was designed to facilitate interaction with people from every facet of the forest certification industry, it provided a unique opportunity for net-working among purchasers, suppliers,and scientists. Along with all the other attendees, I heard all about about forest certification and viewed first hand the breadth and variety of certified forest products on the global market. The conference drew around 2,000 attendees, including industry experts from around the world. Our company made changes to the way we approached using certified forest products. All in all an excellent conference that has inspired many other related conferences.